Reasons to Remove
[list style=”check” color=”black”]
- Adding a second floor to your home? All loose insulation (good or bad) should be removed when the roof is taken off to prevent wind from distributing your insulation throughout your neighborhood.
- Often times animals find a way into the area creating a nice home for themselves. Animal and pest droppings can cause a lot of damage to the ceiling, not to mention the harm it will cause to the people living in the house.
- In case of fire. Insulation absorbs odour from the smoke or can be damage during the extinguishing process. If there is a fire in your home or building all insulation will need to be removed and replaced.
- Allergies can be a reason to remove whatever insulation is currently in the attic or other areas of the home. In this circumstance we can remove the current insulation and replace it with a material that does not cause the allergic reaction.
- In some cases your attic or other area of the home may contain vermiculate which may contain asbestos, which is hazardous if disturbed.
- Is common household dust a problem in your house? Your old degrading attic insulation may be the source of the problem. Not only is it a nuisance, but it may be a contributing factor to poor indoor air quality. It is important that this “compromised’ insulation is removed before new insulation is applied.
- Insulation can be damaged by smoke, fire and water. Sometimes vermiculite, asbestos, rodent droppings and other harmful substances are found in the insulation in your home.
Why call the professionals?
[list style=”arrow2″ color=”black”]
- Time consuming and potentially hazardous
- Exposure to various diseases by disturbing the insulation and inhaling particles that become airborne.
- Proper safety equipment must be worn when dealing with old or contaminated material
- Dragging dirty insulation through the home for removal is unsafe and recipe for contaminating your entire home
- We use specialized tools and equipment such as a trailer mounted vacuum system allowing us to vacuum directly into a specially covered dumpster outside the structure
- The removal may require other equipment and chemicals such as pressure washers, pesticides, bactericides and disinfectant sprays to do the job right and keep inhabitants safe from all contaminates
URGENT WARNING: Do NOT remove insulation by yourself. It is not only difficult and messy, but if it is not done properly and with the right equipment, the job could easily create a serious airborne health issue throughout the interior of the property.
Insulation Removal Process
[list style=”circle” color=”black”]
- To remove the old insulation from your attic, we use a high-powered state of the art industrial vacuum system. Located on the outside of your home to keep dust to a minimum, we run our vacuum hoses up to the attic either through a window or right through your front door and into the attic access opening. All equipment brought through your home is in top condition and creates absolutley no mess.
- Our technicians, fully protected and with the proper respirator systems, carefully walk through your attic space and with our vacuum hoses remove all of the loose insulation from every corner and open space possible.
- All of the insulation that we remove from your attic area is removed from the site completely, and we take great care not to leave any mess behind.